Tuesday 8 May 2012

Tell Me What You Want. What You Really, Really Want.

It truly amazes me what people will do for a deal, or rather what they will buy when something is on sale. People hear the phrase "half price" and they swarm like a fat kid on cake. Some days I truly feel like I am selling crack, not coffee.

So, as with any type of sale or promotion where people will be saving money, you run into situations where people that don't have a hot clue of what the product is that is on sale want to take part.

"So, what's half off?"
 - Our cold blended drinks.

"Oh, so can I get a chai latte?"
-No. COLD BLENDED DRINKS.

"So what's in there?"
-Well, you can get it with or without coffee, milk, any syrup flavours, all blended with ice and topped with whipped topping or not.

"Oh. So they're just cold."

YES. THAT IS THE EXACT ACCURATE CONCLUSION YOU SHOULD DRAW FROM MY EXPLANATION OF OUR COLD. BLENDED. BEVERAGES.


Forgive me if I am a little short with you. But while I try and maintain my sanity while answering the same question hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of times over, it would try anyone's patience.

Now that you understand WHAT you are ordering, please, be sure to use your rolled up magazine to point at the menu board that is at least 5 metres away from you and say "I'll take that one."

Are you kidding me right now? I just listed 35 different flavour combinations and customizations you can order but yeah, you're not being vague at all.

So while you stand there and proceed to contemplate your life decision to get the biggest size of a beverage you've never even heard of before, excuse me while I go vodka-up my coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment