Saturday 31 March 2012

Creepin' It Real

I'll keep this brief. This is a shout out to all my favourite creep-tastic customers. While majority of the people I encounter on a daily basis truly are awesome (regardless of my previous rantings), there are a handful of those that are just a little bit off in terms of point-of-sale interaction.

I can't say that this happens every day, but I am sure my co-workers would agree that it happens enough. We've all had our share of customers that:

  • Intentionally make a point of caressing your hand while they pass you their money.
  • Look deep into our eyes as we're handing over their coffee with a look of "all-knowing", like they know our deepest, darkest secret (and at this point, since we have just returned from having our back toward them, we're all wondering "Do I have something on my @$$?").
  • Or just strait-out misinterpret our kindness/awesome customer service for flirting. 
  • Some have even gone as far as to ask us out on dates, even though they are old enough to be our fathers. Or attempt to snap a picture of us at work. Really? Because I'm sure you were just going to upload that to your instagram album of "places I went today". 
Come on people. We're just trying to do our jobs. Just because I smiled at you and suggested you have a great weekend is not secret barista code for "I want to rip your clothes off and have you father my children." 

I promise. 

So as always, let's keep it classy. 

5 comments:

  1. Don't forget the weirdness that is customers who do not know you, over-using your name because they can read it on your nametag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh good call out! It always catches me off guard when people do it. The first use of a name is kinda like "ahhh, I see what you did there you sneaky customer." But after they use your name every other word its like: okay, we get it. You can read a name tag. Did you want a high five with that coffee or a medal or something?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay this is my favorite post yet. Decaf needs to read this! It is our job to be nice to you. Just because I am friendly and helpful does not mean I am in love with you... barf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW great choice with the background and color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Classic! Next time I'm in I will definitely flirt back! Love it dot com!

    ReplyDelete